M-F: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Eastern Time Zone U.S.A.

Ph. 269-323-1369

Portage, Michigan
1716 Vanderbilt Ave

Otsego, Michigan
555 Washington St

Automation Services

Automation of manufacturing equipment and processes is critical to the quality and cost of products for many industrial companies. It is also essential for the safety of employees, competitiveness, consistency, and ultimate achievement for the enterprise.

FEMA Corporation has built their engineering experience and expertise through the development of innovative electro-mechanical components, electro-hydraulic valves, and manifold systems while automating their internal systems to build those products. This has resulted in award-winning quality and on-time delivery metrics to a number of large, global original equipment manufacturers.

We are now offering external automation services and can provide customers with package proposals, consulting services, and one-time or ongoing support for your automation or process challenges. To discuss these services or request additional information, we encourage you to reach out to us via our contact sales page.

Benefits of FEMA Corporation’s assistance in your automation efforts

  • Navigating through macro challenges such as pandemics, workforce shortages, talent gaps, and economic surges. The use of rigorous processes and mechanical robotics is paramount to organizational success.
  • Embracing and implementing the concepts of efficient robotics and their supporting systems. Improved employee engagement and retention is also often a benefit to the company.
  • Develop custom solutions for you or collaborate with your team on any variety of projects.
  • Create a detailed, documented, and visual system of standardized work.
  • In sequence or simultaneously, robotics can be introduced to the process.
  • Monitoring for further improvements can subsequently and more easily be identified and implemented.
  • Develop strategies and equipment for long-run, fixed-position, fully and semi-automated processes.
  • Develop flexible machine tending automation that can be moved into place for high-volume processes and moved out of the way for custom short-run parts.
  • Develop a flexible manufacturing cell where the robotics and automation are fixed, and the manufacturing process can be reconfigured as needed to meet current and future demands.

Examples of success

  • During a steep growth expansion while facing a tight labor market, FEMA combined expertise in welding technology, wire winding technology, and process theory with conveyors, robotics, vision systems, and bowl feeding of components. As a result, we eliminated over a dozen manual inspections, increased throughput by 70%, and were able to move four operators to an emerging production line.
  • Facing a machine tending project where 95% of the workload was a high-volume part, the other 5% were made up of low volume short runs with different form factors, FEMA designed a modular solution that minimized the automation costs for high-volume parts and allowed for operators to manually run the machine for short-run parts.  This strategy increased machine uptime while eliminating the need for a full-time operator in the cell.